Booking Issue means any one of the following:
- The Host cancels a booking last minute, which is defined as a cancellation made 7 days or less before the check-in date of the relevant booking or fails to provide the Guest to deliver the boat or at least an equivalent replacement Boat at the time agreed with the Guest.
The Boat is not as described in its listing on the Tubber Website
a. Length of the yacht deviates more than 10%
b. Number of cabins
c. Current state of the boat compared with the booked boat
- Host is bankrupt
- Boat is not insured, booking has to be canceled
- Boat is not generally clean and sanitary
- There is no boat
- Intent and gross negligence by the local Host
- The boat is not safe according to local standards, or there is no at least an equivalent replacement Boat at the time agreed with the Guest. If the renting period is two or more weeks, the minimum time before which Tubber can accept a Qualifying Claim increased by 24 hours per additional week.
Requirements to place a Claim
Only a Guest may submit a claim for a refund. A Claim is considered a “Booking Issue” when it relates to one or more of the Booking Issues above, and meets each of the following conditions:
- The Guest must make the Claim through our Contact Form, or our 24 hour telephone support +31 (0) 58 8 200 300.
- The Guest must clearly inform us with their booking number and/or email address given when the Booking was made;
- The Guest must provide evidence of their claim such as photographs or videos and at Our request must the Guest provide Us with any additional information about the Booking Issue;
- No member of the Guest’s crew or Skipper has directly or indirectly caused Booking Issue, whether through their action, resulting from damage or total loss caused by the Guest or a third party during the charter.
- The Guest and his Crew must have made reasonable efforts to try to solve the Booking issue directly with their Host before making a Claim.
- The Guest must make the Claim within 24 hours of check-in.
- Guest has not signed the local check-in form and has not accepted the boat after Detailed inspection of the boat.
- The boat is not safe according to local standards, or there is no at least an equivalent replacement Boat at the time agreed with the Guest. If the renting period is two or more weeks, the minimum time before which Tubber can take accept a Qualifying Claim increases by 24 hours per additional week.
Guest refund policy
After good research Tubber will:
- Refund the Guest part or all of the price paid by the Guest via the Tubber Website depending on the nature of their Booking Issue. If not already refunded at local Host after official check-out.
- In the event of a Booking Issue, the liability of Tubber towards the Guest is limited to the amount that the relevant Host to the Guest under the online booking would be due. Maximum is the total amount booked on Tubber Website including obligated fees online.
- only refund if Tubber was given the opportunity to do reasonable efforts to find and provide the Guest to deliver a boat or at least an equivalent replacement Boat at the time agreed with the Guest.
Tubber wil never refund:
Damage to the Boat and its equipment which does not prejudice its (sea)-worthiness and which allows the Boat to continue to be used in a reasonable manner shall not be grounds for Refund. Any refund in such a case is also excluded.