- If the Host fails to provide the Boat, or at least an equivalent replacement Boat at the time agreed, the Guest may withdraw from this Host party, but not before 24 hours from the commencement of the charter, and receive full reimbursement of all payments made for the booking on the Tubber Website.
- All other claims for compensation by the Guest are excluded, except in the case of intent and gross negligence by the Host. If the Guest does not withdraw from the charter, he may claim for reimbursement of the charter price pro-rata for the time for which the Host failed to hand over the yacht.
- Damage to the Boat and its equipment which does not prejudice its (sea)-worthiness and which allows the Boat to continue to be used in a reasonable manner shall not be grounds for Refund. Any refund in such a case is also excluded.
- If there are any problems the Host will inform the Guest and Tubber immediately by e-mail or Phone.
- The Host shall only be liable towards the Guest and his crew for loss or damage arising from intent or gross negligence on the part of the Host as well as for damages to life and health or personal injuries, resulting from a negligent breach of duty by the Host or from an intentional or negligent breach of duty by a legal representative or assistant of the Host.
- The Host shall not be liable for loss or damage caused by inaccuracies, amendments, mistakes, and defects in the ancillary nautical equipment provided, e.g. marine charts, handbooks, compass, radio direction finding equipment, etc.}
- Claims by the Guest due to the inability of the yacht for use resulting from damage or total loss caused by the Guest or a third-party during the charter shall be excluded.
- The host is obligated to insure the Boat in the right matter. If necessary Tubber will advise the owner and ask for confirmation from the insurance company.
- The host should understand local laws for using and renting out boats/yachts/tubs before listing their Boat on the Tubber Website.
Cancellation Policy Host
Tubber gives their hosts the opportunity to choose among four different sorts of cancellation policies (Standard, Partially refundable, Moderate, and Flexible). The cancellation policy you choose will be shown at your listing to make sure that the guests know in advance which cancellation policies will be of use. Tubbers cancellation policies are made for different sorts of hosting. Tubber advises selecting a cancellation policy that adapts to the average rental period of your listing. Standard Partially refundable Moderate Flexible
- (Advised when the average charter period is one week or more)
- 50% refund up until 60 days prior to agreed check-in date and time, except fees.
- Cleaning fees are always refunded if you did not check-in.
- The Tubber service fee is non-refundable.
- If there is any complaint, Tubber has to be notified within 24 hours after check-in, follow the instructions according to Guest Refund Policy.
- Tubber will mediate when necessary and has the final say in all disputes.
- A reservation is officially canceled when the guest clicks the cancellation button on the Tubber website.
- Applicable taxes will be retained and remitted.
(Average charter period 3-7 days) 75% refund up until 60 days prior to check-in date and time, except fees. Cleaning fees are always refunded if the guest did not check-in. The Tubber Guarantee is non-refundable. If there is a complaint, Tubber has to be notified within 24 hours after check-in, follow the instructions according to Guest Refund Policy. Tubber will mediate when necessary and has the final say in all disputes. A reservation is officially canceled when the guest clicks the cancellation button on the Tubber website. Applicable taxes will be retained and remitted.
(Average charter period 1-2 days) 50% refund up until 5 days prior to check-in date and time, except fees. Cleaning fees are always refunded if the guest did not check-in. The Tubber service fee is non-refundable. If there is a complaint, Tubber has to be noticed within 24 hours after check-in, follow instructions according to Guest Refund Policy Tubber will mediate when necessary, and has the final say in all disputes. A reservation is officially canceled when the guest clicks the cancellation button on the Tubber website. Applicable taxes will be retained and remitted.
(Charter periods 1 day or less) 99% refund up until 1 day prior to check-in date and time, except fees. Cleaning fees are always refunded if the guest did not check in. The Tubber service fee is non-refundable. If there is a complaint, Tubber has to be noticed within 24 hours after check-in, follow instructions according to Guest Refund Policy. Tubber will mediate when necessary and has the final say in all disputes. A reservation is officially canceled when the guest clicks the cancellation button on the Tubber website. Applicable taxes will be retained and remitted. Tubber obligates that Hosts obtain appropriate insurance for their Boat. Please review any insurance policy that you may have for your Boat, and in particular please make sure that you are familiar with and understand any exclusions too. We can provide you a list of insurances which are accepted by us, or we can offer you special Insurance to become a Host.
Hosts Responsibilities and Refunds to Tubber
Hosts should note that they are responsible for ensuring that the Boats they list on the Site are as described in the listing, meet standards regarding access, health and safety, and cleanliness, and do not present any Guest with a Booking Issue. During the 24-hour period following the Guest’s check-in, Hosts should be available or make a third-party available, in order to try, in good faith, to resolve any Booking issue. This Guest Refund Policy is without prejudice to any statutory rights that a Guest may have. The rights of Tubber under this Host Refund Policy supersede the Cancellation Policy chosen by the concerned booking of the Host.
Host Refund Policy
If you are a Host, and if one or more of the following Booking Issues occur:
- When you cancel a booking last minute, which is defined as a cancellation made 7 days or less before the check-in date, or fail to provide the guest to deliver the boat or at least an equivalent replacement boat at the time agreed with the guest.
- Your boat is not as described in its listing on the Tubber Website.
- The number of feet of the yacht.
- Number of cabins.
- Current state of the boat compared with the booked boat
- The building year is not older than the originally booked boat on the website.
- You are bankrupt.
- Your Boat is not insured anymore, booking has to be canceled.
- Your Boat is not generally clean and sanitary.
- There is no boat.
- Intent and gross negligence by the local Host
- Your boat is not safe according to local standards, or there is not at least an equivalent replacement Boat at the time agreed with the Guest. If the rental period is two or more weeks, the minimum time before which You will have to accept a Qualifying Claim is increased by 24 hours per additional week.
Then Tubber has the right to take additional measures. These additional measures include, but are not limited to:
- Decreasing the review score of our boat listing(s).
- Inserting a 1-star review for the booked Boat.
- Canceling Your upcoming bookings.
- Block Your Host Account.
- Delete Your current Listings.
- To charge the Commission of the Booking made online on Tubber Website, which the Host and Tubber agree is a reasonable pre-estimate of the extra costs that should be covered.
- In the case of a cancellation by You, the guest will be reimbursed for the full price of the booking. In such cases, no cancellation fees will be incurred to the guest.
- Tubber will help the guest find alternative accommodation.
- You are obligated to pay a cancellation fee of 10% of the total price of the booking. The cancellation fee will rise to 60% of the total price if you cancel the booking less than 7 days before check-in. These costs are Recovering costs made and time for resolving Booking Issues.
If the guest is relocated to another boat by Tubber or by you, you could lose part or all of the Host Fees for the booking and you may be responsible for any reasonable costs made by us to find an alternative solution for the guest.
If you wish to dispute the Claim or provide details of Special Circumstances such as, damage to the Boat from a cause outside your control, (“Extenuating Circumstances”) you must notify Us immediately by e-mail with the topic “ Dispute <Boat Name>, <Guest Name> and <Booking ID> (email@example.com) or via telephone at +31 (0) 50 8200 200. Provide all relevant information and evidence such as photo, video, Skipper certificates, and/or copies of correspondence disputing the Host Claim or detailing the Special Circumstances, provided you must have used reasonable and good faith efforts to try to solve the Booking Issue(s) with Tubber and the Guest prior to disputing the Claim or claiming Special Circumstances. All determinations of Tubber concerning the Guest Refund Policy, including without limitation the validity of the Booking Issue, the validity of Special Circumstances and the amount to be refunded to the Guest, shall be final and binding on the Guest and Tubber concerned, as between Tubber and Host.
Solve Booking Issue directly
Guests are free to solve the Booking Issue directly with the Host, under condition by informing Tubber, in the written confirmation of both sides by e-mail.