- If the charter company fails to provide the yacht or at least an equivalent replacement yacht at the time agreed, the renter may withdraw from this charter company, but not before 24 hours from the commencement of the charter. The renter will receive a full refund of the booking price.
- All other claims for compensation by the renter are excluded, except in the case of intent and gross negligence by the charter company. If the renter does not withdraw from the charter, he may claim for reimbursement of the charter price pro rata for the time for which the charter company failed to hand over the yacht.
- Damage to the Boat and its equipment which does not prejudice its (sea)-worthiness and which allows the Boat to continue to be used in a reasonable manner shall not be grounds for Refund. Any refund in such a case is also excluded.
- If there are any problems, the charter company will inform the renter and Tubber immediately by e-mail or phone.
Charter company liability
- The charter company shall only be liable towards the renter and his crew for loss or damage arising from intent or gross negligence on the part of the charter company as well as for damages to life and health or personal injuries, resulting from negligent breach of duty by the charter company or from intentional or negligent breach of duty by a legal representative or assistant of the charter company.
- The charter company shall not be liable for loss or damage caused by inaccuracies, amendments, mistakes, and defects in the ancillary nautical equipment provided, e.g. marine charts, handbooks, compass, radio direction finding equipment etc.}
- Claims by the Guest due to the inability of the yacht for use resulting from damage or total loss caused by the Guest or a third-party during the charter shall be excluded.
- The charter company is obligated to insure the Boat in the right matter. If necessary, Tubber will advise the owner and ask for confirmation from the insurance company.
- The charter company should understand local laws for using and renting out boats / yachts / catamarans before listing their yacht on the Tubber Website.
Cancellation Policy Charter Company
Tubber gives their charter companies the opportunity to choose among four different sorts of cancellation policies. The cancellation policy you select will be shown at your listing to make sure that the renter knows in advance which cancellation policies will be of use. Tubber cancellation policies are made for different sorts of yacht charter. Tubber advises selecting a cancellation policy which adapt to the average rental period of your listing.
- (Advised when the average charter period is one week or more)
- 50% refund up until 60 days prior to agreed check-in date and time, except fees.
- Cleaning fees are always refunded if you did not check-in.
- The Tubber service fee is non-refundable.
- If there is any complaint, Tubber has to be notified within 24 hours after check-in, follow the instructions according to Guest Refund Policy.
- Tubber will mediate when necessary and has the final say in all disputes.
- A reservation is officially canceled when the guest clicks the cancellation button on the Tubber website.
- Applicable taxes will be retained and remitted.
(Average charter period 3-7 days) 75% refund up until 60 days prior to check-in date and time, except fees. Cleaning fees are always refunded if the guest did not check-in. The Tubber Guarantee is non-refundable. If there is a complaint, Tubber has to be notified within 24 hours after check-in, follow the instructions according to Guest Refund Policy. Tubber will mediate when necessary and has the final say in all disputes. A reservation is officially canceled when the guest clicks the cancellation button on the Tubber website. Applicable taxes will be retained and remitted.
(Average charter period 1-2 days) 50% refund up until 5 days prior to check-in date and time, except fees. Cleaning fees are always refunded if the guest did not check-in. The Tubber service fee is non-refundable. If there is a complaint, Tubber has to be noticed within 24 hours after check-in, follow instructions according to Guest Refund Policy Tubber will mediate when necessary, and has the final say in all disputes. A reservation is officially canceled when the guest clicks the cancellation button on the Tubber website. Applicable taxes will be retained and remitted.
(Charter periods 1 day or less) 99% refund up until 1 day before check-in date and time, except fees. Cleaning fees are always refunded if the guest did not check in. The Tubber service fee is non-refundable. If there is a complaint, Tubber has to be noticed within 24 hours after check-in, follow instructions according to Guest Refund Policy Tubber will mediate when necessary, and has the final say in all disputes. A reservation is officially canceled when the guest clicks the cancellation button on the Tubber website. Applicable taxes will be retained and remitted.
Charter company Responsibilities and Refunds to Tubber
Charter companies should note that they are responsible for ensuring that the Boats they list on the Site are as described in the listing, meet standards regarding access, health and safety and cleanliness, and do not present any renter with a Booking Issue. During the 24-hour period following the renter check-in, charter companies should be available, or make a third-party available, in order to try, in good faith, to resolve any booking issue. This renter Refund Policy is without prejudice to any statutory rights that a renter may have. The rights of Tubber under this charter company Refund Policy supersede the Cancellation Policy chosen by the concerned booking of the charter company.
Charter company Refund Policy
If you are a charter company, and if one or more of the following Booking Issues occur:
- When you cancel a booking last minute, which is defined as a cancellation made 7 days or less before the check-in date, or fail to provide the guest to deliver the boat or at least an equivalent replacement boat at the time agreed with the guest.
- Your boat is not as described in its listing on the Tubber Website.
- The number of feet of the yacht.
- Number of cabins.
- Current state of the boat compared with the booked boat
- The building year is not older than the originally booked boat on the website.
- You are bankrupt.
- Your Boat is not insured anymore, booking has to be canceled.
- Your Boat is not generally clean and sanitary.
- There is no boat.
- Intent and gross negligence by the charter company
- Your boat is not safe according to local standards, or there is not at least an equivalent replacement Boat at the time agreed with the Guest. If the rental period is two or more weeks, the minimum time before which You will have to accept a Qualifying Claim is increased by 24 hours per additional week.
Then Tubber has the right to take additional measures. These additional measures include, but are not limited to:
- Decreasing the review score of our boat listing(s).
- Inserting a 1-star review for the booked Boat.
- Canceling Your upcoming bookings.
- Block Your Charter company account.
- Delete Your current Listings.
- To charge the Commission of the Booking made online on Tubber Website, which the Charter Company and Tubber agree is a reasonable pre-estimate of the extra costs that should be covered.
- In the case of a cancellation by You, the guest will be reimbursed for the full price of the booking. In such cases, no cancellation fees will be incurred to the guest.
- Tubber will help the guest find alternative accommodation.
- You are obligated to pay a cancellation fee of 10% of the total price of the booking. The cancellation fee will rise to 60% of the total price if you cancel the booking less than 7 days before check-in. These costs are Recovering costs made and time for resolving Booking Issues.
If the renter is relocated to an alternative yacht by Tubber or You, You may lose part or all of the yacht charter Fee for the Booking and You may be responsible for any reasonable costs made by Us to find an alternative solution for the renter.
If you wish to dispute the Claim or provide details of Special Circumstances such as, damage to the Boat from a cause outside your control, (“Extenuating Circumstances”) you must notify Us immediately by e-mail with topic “ Dispute <Boat Name>, <Guest Name> and <Booking ID> (email@example.com) or via telephone at +12 018 556 946. Provide all relevant information and evidence such as photo, video, Skipper certificates and/or copies of correspondence disputing the Charter Company Claim or detailing the Special Circumstances, provided you must have used reasonable and good faith efforts to try to solve the Booking Issue(s) with Tubber and the renter before disputing the Claim or claiming Special Circumstances. All determinations of Tubber concerning the Renter Refund Policy, including without limitation the validity of the Booking Issue, the validity of Special Circumstances and the amount to be refunded to the renter, shall be final and binding on the renter and Tubber concerned, as between Tubber and Charter Company.
Solve Booking Issue directly
Renters are free to solve the Booking Issue directly with the charter company, under condition by informing Tubber, in written confirmation of both sides by e-mail.