Personal information To top
We may collect and process the following categories of personal information:
- Name, passport number, and other identifying information. For example, we may record your name, title, gender, and date of birth, your nationality, country of residence and passport number.
- Your contact details and personal account or registration details. Your contact details may include your address, telephone number, and email address. When you create a login or register for our service, we may also record your sign in details and other information you fill out on your account or registration form.
- Information about your bookings and purchases. When you book a boating holiday with us, we process your booking information. This information may include details about your boat, prices, and the date of your booking. Besides, we process information concerning your reservation (such as crew list and sailing licence) and extra service you purchase (such as insurance or Transfer).
- Information about your Sailing Holiday. When you travel with us, we process information about your journey. Such as your travel itinerary, (online) check-in, your (mobile) voucher, and your crew members. We may also record any of your specified needs and any additional assistance you require.
- When we communicate with you. When you email us or chat with us online or via social media, we register your conversation with us. We also register your communication preferences. For example when you unsubscribe from one of our newsletters or when you choose to receive your booking related communication (such as confirmation, check-in notification, voucher, and changes in your Sailing Holiday) by other channels than email (such as WhatsApp or Facebook Messenger, Instagram or SMS). When you call us, our Service Center will register your questions or complaints in our customer database. We may also record telephone calls for training purposes.
Information we collect when you use our website, app and other digital media
- When you visit our site or use our mobile app, we may register your IP address, browser type, operating system, referring website, web-browsing behavior, and app use. We also collect information via cookies and similar technologies when you visit our website or use our mobile app.
- We may receive an automatic notification when you open our emails or click on a link in such emails.
- With your permission, we may also obtain your location data.
Information concerning social media
The information you choose to share with us
You may want to share information with us, for example when you share your interests and preferences with us, leave a comment for us on Facebook or review websites, fill out a customer survey or submit an entry for an online contest.
Specific types of personal information we collect and use, such as data revealing racial or ethnic origin or data concerning health, can be considered 'special categories of personal data' under applicable data protection law.
How we collect your data To top
We collect the categories as mentioned earlier of personal data in the following ways:
1. We collect data you provide to us
When you book a sailing holiday with us, when you create an online account, contact our Service Centre, subscribe to receive our emails or mobile push notifications, register for one of our sailing holidays or participate in a promotional contest. When you use our website or mobile app, we collect information through cookies and similar technologies.
2. From partners
We receive your data from our booking partners and other companies connected with facilitating your travel arrangements. We accept your data from these parties to handle your bookings and to fulfill your travel arrangements and purchases. For example, when you book a yacht through a partner portal, we receive your identifying information and booking details from them.
Depending on your social network settings, we may receive information from your social network provider Please see "The types of personal data we process" above.
Why do we use your data To top
Our primary objectives for which we use your personal information are:
1. To provide our online services and mobile app to you
For example, we use your name and booking details when you check in for your Sailing Holiday online or true the App. Some of our online services and our app use your location, for example, to show you the nearest gas station or Marina.
To facilitate your use of our services, we may analyze the data we collect when you use our digital media and combine it with information collected through cookies and related technologies. For example, to understand which digital channel (email, social media) or device (desktop, tablet or mobile) you prefer so that we can narrow our communication to that channel or medium.
2. To provide our services to you
To handle your reservation and to fulfill your Sailing Holiday arrangements and purchases, we need to process most of the information described above. For example, we need your name, passport number and other identifying information to issue your voucher and local papers to charter a yacht. To confirm your sailing holiday and to inform you about changes, we need your contact details. Moreover, to ensure that you receive the required care, we require your specified medical needs when required.
3. For statistical research
We use automatic tools to conduct statistical research into general trends regarding the use of our services, website, app and social media and the behavior and preferences of our customers and users.
To perform our research, we may use the personal data described above, including your sailing holiday data (such as date of booking, time of arrival, origin, destination, number and age of people from your crew list, type of Yacht, purchased extras and information about you (gender, zip code). We combine this data with data that we collect with cookies and similar technologies when you visit one of our websites or use our app. Moreover, we mix it with data collected by third-party providers using analytical or marketing cookies or similar technologies.
We only use aggregated data for our analysis and do not use your name or email address. Without your permission, we will not use sensitive data for this analytical research.
We use, for example, your sailing holiday booking data and the extras you select (Outboard engine, Insurance) to improve our services and provide more suitable proposals. For instance, if our analysis shows that sailors love to have an outboard with their dingy, we may include this more prominently in our offers for free. We furthermore use customer reviews to measure customer satisfaction so that we can improve our service for Sailing Holidays around the globe. Cookies and similar technologies we use to evaluate how our website visitors navigate our site, so we can make it easy to use.
We process your data for our legitimate interests to develop better services and offers for our customers and partners, to provide more active customer support and to improve the design and content of our websites and apps.
Right to protest
You have the right to protest, on grounds relating to your distinct situation, at any time for the processing of your data for statistical research.
We use your data to send you updates and special offers personalized to your interests for Sailing Holidays or extra services.
E-mail or by postal mail
When you book a sailing holiday, we will send you special personalized offers for Sailing Holiday related products and services in our Sailing Holidays booking relevant emails. For example, before your Sailing Holiday starts, we will email you with a packing list, briefing, and crew list.
Updates and Special offers
- You may also receive emails from us (unless you opt out during the booking procedure) with updates and special offers tailored to your interest. For example, we send you personalized suggestions for your next Sailing Holiday or keep you informed on exciting boating destinations, and the latest news about Sailing Holidays. With your approval, we may also send you emails with special offers tailored to your interest from our partners. For example, our partners like Marina's, Local restaurants, Insurance for your sailing holiday.
- We may also use other communication channels to send you personalized Advertisements and special offers, such as postal mail or, with your consent, social channels (for example Facebook Messenger, SMS, Instagram, web chat or WhatsApp).
We use your contact details to communicate with you. To understand what is relevant to you, we use automatic tools to analyse your data. For this purpose, we may use the levels of personal data described above, including your sailing holiday booking data (such as date of start, date of check-out, destination, crew-list data), paid extras (outboard, transfer), information about you and the interests and preferences you shared with us (such as favourites list, preferred yachts, and favourite destinations). We combine this data with data that we collect with cookies and similar technologies when you visit our website or use our app. We merge it with data obtained by third-party providers using analytical or marketing cookies or related technologies. Without your permission, we will not use your sensitive data.
In our communication, we include personalized offers from our websites and our partners relating to our Sailing Holidays, Extra services and products. For example, we may include suggestions for our own paid extras (insurances, maps) or transfer services, insurances and other related services offered by third parties. These offers tailored to your interests. For example, we may send you (unless you opt out during the booking procedure) an email after you return from your sailing trip with offers based on your sailing history to inspire you for your sailing holiday. With your permission, we may also share non-personalized information (Sailing destinations, travel date) with our partners so they can offer you with a relevant choice of Services, Yachts, Boat Trips during your trip. Tubber BV sends all communication, no contact details are shared with our partners for this purpose without your permission. More information on our partners and the products and services they offer is given when you subscribe and published on our websites.
We process your data as described in this paragraph for our legitimate interest and the interests of third parties to provide you with relevant updates and offers.
Opt-in and opt-out, unsubscribe and right to object. We only send you emails with updates and special offers if you did not opt-out during the sales procedure. You can unsubscribe from these emails with updates and special offers, any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the email, by adjusting your communication preferences in your account (if available), or by contacting us (please see 'Your Rights' below). When you unsubscribe, you will still receive our booking and related service emails (such as your boat booking confirmation, voucher, password, service emails and review mail). You may object to the use of your data for direct marketing purposes anytime (please see below 'Your rights').
Other direct marketing purposes
This paragraph describes specific examples of our use of your data for other direct marketing purposes.
- Marketing cookies
Our websites use marketing cookies which are typically placed by advertising networks. These networks are companies which act as intermediaries between Tubber and advertisers. These marketing cookies are amongst others used to show relevant, personalized advertisements or sailing holiday offers (based on your visit to and click behavior on our websites) when you visit those networks or connected websites. For example, when you visit our blog article about Greece, we will show you banners with specials from Greece.
- Linked site behavior
If you log in to our website using your Tubber account or if you visit our websites via a link in an email, we will link your site behaviour to your Sailing Holiday booking data in our database. We mainly use this data to exclude you from further advertising once you have booked a sailing holiday. For example, when you search for a yacht in Croatia on Tubber.com, marketing cookies will be used to show you relevant advertisement. When you reserve a yacht through one of our other websites or with one of our brands, we will stop displaying you further advertisements via marketing cookies based on your search behavior on our main website.
- Abandoned cart in booking process.
When you break off your booking procedure on our website, we will send you a personalized email with a link to your booking procedure, so you can continue where you left off.
- Custom audience targeting
- To communicate with you
We use your contact details to communicate with you about our services or after sales, to answer your questions or to handle your complaints.
- Legal basis, record keeping and to comply with statutory obligations
We collect, use and store your data to comply with the legal obligations we are subject to, if necessary for our legitimate interests or the interests of a third party or by your consent. We collect, store and use your data for internal business purposes, such as record keeping and to comply with our legal and fiscal obligations. We may be required by law to collect and share your identifying information and your booking and Sailing Holiday information with public authorities or governmental organizations for border control, immigration, entering the territory of a State, security or combatting terrorism.
If you refuse to provide personal data that we require for your sailing holiday or compliance with a legal obligation, we may not be able to provide your Sailing Holiday or services you have requested from us. For example, we may have to cancel your Sailing Holiday, or we may not be able to provide you with the extra services requested by you. If you provide incomplete or inaccurate information, we may be forced to deny you to leave the harbor with your boat.
You may withdraw your consent at any time by following the specific instructions concerning the processing for which you provided your consent. For example, you may withdraw consent by clicking the unsubscribe link in the email, adjusting your communication preferences in your account (if available) or by changing your smartphone settings (for mobile push notifications and location data).
When we process your data for our legitimate interests or the interests of a third party, we have balanced these interests against your legitimate interests. Where necessary we have taken appropriate measures to limit implications and prevent unwarranted harm to you. Our legitimate interests may, for example, include security and safety purposes or to provide better services and offers to you.
Disclosing or sharing data with third parties
We may disclose or share your data with our brands, Boat Owners, your travel agents, Yacht Insurance company, Transfer partners for the following purposes.
We use third parties to provide our services, such as IT suppliers, social network providers, marketing agencies, credit and charge card companies and anti-fraud screening service providers. All such third parties will be required to safeguard your data adequately and only process it following our instructions.
- Research and direct marketing
We may share your data with group companies and third parties for statistical analysis and direct marketing.
To secure order and safety during Yacht Charter
- To facilitate your Sailing Holiday bookings
To handle your reservations and to fulfill your travel arrangements and purchases, we must share your data with our brands, boat owners, transfer operators and other companies involved in facilitating your travel arrangements for you Sailing Holiday.
- Third party websites and Apps
- Public authorities
We may also be required by law to collect and share your identifying information and your booking and Sailing Holiday travel information with public authorities or governmental organizations for border control, immigration, entering the territory of a State, security or combatting terrorism.
- Security and retention
- Tubber will take appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your data against loss or unlawful use.
- Your data International
- Tubber may transfer your data to countries other than your country of residence (including countries outside the European Economic Area). This occurs in the course of providing your Sailing Holiday or because partners or service providers have operations in countries across the world. The laws of these countries may not afford the same level of protection to your data.
- We may also be required to disclose your data to foreign public or government authorities
- The transfer of personal data to countries other than your country of residence is often necessary to provide our services to you. In other cases, Tubber will ensure that adequate safeguards are in place to comply with the requirements for the international transfer of personal data under applicable privacy laws. For transfers of personal data outside the European Economic Area, Tubber may use Commission approved Standard Contractual Clauses as safeguards.
Laws in some other countries may require us to give border control organizations access to booking and Sailing Holiday Travel information. Therefore, any information we hold about you and your Sailing Holiday arrangements may be disclosed to the customs and immigration authorities of any country in your itinerary. Besides, laws in several countries require Tubber to collect your passport and associated information before travelling to or from those countries. When needed, we will provide this information to the relevant customs and immigration authorities. We may also disclose your data to government authorities if applicable law requires disclosure.
You may contact us (please see below) to exercise any of the rights you are granted under applicable data protection laws, which includes (1) the right to access your data, (2) to rectify them, (3) to erase them, (4) to restrict the processing of your data, (5) the right to data portability and (6) the right to object to processing.
- Right to access
You may ask us whether or not we process any of your data and, if so, receive access to that data in the form of a copy.
- Right to rectification
You have the right to have your data rectified in case of inaccuracy or incompleteness. Upon request, we will correct inaccurate personal data about you and, taking into account the purposes of the processing, complete, incomplete personal data, which may include the provision of a supplementary statement.
- Right to erasure
You also have the right to have your data erased, which means the deletion of your data by us and, where possible, any other controller to whom your data has previously been made public by us. Erasure of your data only finds place in some instances, prescribed by law and listed under article 17 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). This includes situations where your data are no longer necessary concerning the initial purposes for which they were processed as well as circumstances where they were processed unlawfully.
- Right to the restriction of processing
You have the right to obtain the restriction of the processing of your data, which means that we suspend the processing of your data for a specified period. Circumstances which may give rise to this right include situations where the accuracy of your information was contested but some time is needed for us to verify the accuracy. This right does not prevent us from continue storing your data. We will inform you before the restriction is lifted.
- Right to data portability
Your right to data portability entails that you may request us to provide you with your data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to have such data transmitted directly to another controller, where technically feasible. Upon request and where this is technically feasible, we will send your data directly to the other controller.
- Right to object
You also have the right to object to the processing of your data, which means you may request us to no longer process your data. This only applies in case the 'legitimate interests' ground (including profiling) constitutes the legal basis for processing.
- At any time and free of charge you can object to direct marketing purposes in case your data is processed for such purposes, which includes profiling purposes to the extent that it is related to such direct marketing. In case you apply this right, we will no longer process your data for such purposes.
- You may withdraw your consent at any time by following the specific instructions concerning the processing for which you provided your consent. For example, you may withdraw consent by clicking the unsubscribe link in the email, adjusting your communication preferences in your account (if available) or by changing your smartphone settings (for mobile push notifications and location data).
- There may be situations where we are entitled to deny or restrict your rights as described above. In any case, we will carefully assess whether such an exemption applies and inform you accordingly.
- We may, for example, deny your request for access when necessary to protect the rights and freedoms of other individuals or refuse to delete your data in case the processing of such data is essential for compliance with legal obligations. The right to data portability, for example, does not apply in case the personal data was not provided by you or if we process the data not by your consent or for the performance of a contract.
Exercise your rights To top
When you would like to exercise your rights concerning the processing of your rights concerning Sailing Holidays of Tubber B.V. all you have to do is send your request to the Tubber B.V. :
124 City Road
London, EC1V 2NX
Email: [email protected]